Thursday, May 13, 2010

the way you look tonight


I guess I'm cheating by not posting anything from this week but I am still sorting through my pictures from Chicago! Saturday morning we got up early, got breakfast, and headed to Navy Pier. My boyfriend, Joe, was so excited because we went on a boat tour. (And if we're being honest I was really excited too because I am a biology nerd and took a class on rivers and lakes this past semester)  The tickets were really cheap and we got to go on a 30 minute cruise out on the lake. It was called the "Skyline Tour" because they told us all about the landmarks on the Chicago skyline. It was really fun but absolutely freezing. We could see our breath!


There was another boat ride offered called the "Architecture Tour" and that was an hour cruise down the river.  I really wanted to switch our tickets to that because there is a scene in My Best Friend's Wedding when the characters are on a boat ride just like that on the river in the middle of the city!  Anyone know the scene I'm talking about?  See the title of the post for a hint at what happens during that scene.  Anyway...we obviously had to ride the Ferris wheel before leaving.  We are such tourists.  Oh, well.

As you can see in this next picture, I wore sandals on this particular day and it was the biggest mistake ever.  I was regretting it all day!  After we left Navy Pier we walked up and down Michigan Avenue all afternoon and I couldn't wait to get home and put big, comfy socks on.  It was the only day we took cabs instead of the train!  I guess I should wear uncomfortable shoes more often so we can take cabs..hmm....

cardigan-forever 21, shirt-urban outfitters, jeans-j crew, shoes-michael kors, bag-h&m, scarf-rudys roundup

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog on chictopia.
    I love you description...I'm also (almost) 22,no money and I love chocolate :)

    I started following your blog beacuse I truly like it !

    So...see u on your next post :)

    Diana
    http://filledevelours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! Love the scarf - there's nothing worse than beautiful footwear that is uncomfortable, is there? What we do for fashion!

    www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete